sedona lx owners input and feedback?????

My sister is looking at buying a 2002 kia sedona lx van it has low miles (24,000) and is priced reasonably (14.5k), she likes the van but was wondering how owners feel about its reliability and or cost of repairs?

She currently has a 95 caravan and it is on its last legs so she is ready to buy soon, but never having bought a kia she is wondering is this a good choice? Also what are the kia warranties like and do they actually come thru with covering repairs when needed?

Just looking for a bit of input, I realize every model of every car can have a good and a bad apple in the basket yet in general overall just trying to see if repair costs are crazy, if service & warranty are good and backed up by kia, and most of all how folks who are driving them are liking (or disliking) them after a year+ now....

Please send any replies to

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Bill :)

Reply to
FTLOSM

First of all, for $14.5, she should just get a new 2003 Sedona LX, which would come with 100% of its warranty.

As a former 95 Voyager owner, I too, was concerned about when I would be stranded on the side of the road when the tranny goes out...again! I traded my clunker for a 2003 Kia Sedona LX in February, and already have 20k miles on it. I've only had to take it into the dealers once (common problem with check engine light coming on when your gas cap isn't closed tight enough to "click"). Other than that it's worked great, rides smooth, and very dependable (knock on wood). You'll experince about a 5 mpg (hwy) decrease, however.

I looked at other minivans out there, and sure the Honda's and other maker may look and feel nicer, but no way does it outweigh the cost difference! Even the Chrysler/Dodge minivans cost more, when you include all the features a Sedona comes standard with.

Service really depends on the dealership. If you buy from a decent dealer, you should have no problems, otherwise, you may have horrible tales of long waits and repeat visits. Search this site to see others' stories.

Hope you're able to help your sister make up her mind on her next minivan. For me, I am definitely happy with my decision, and satisfied as a Kia Sedona owner. My other car is also a Kia (Rio), and also happy with so far.

Big Willie in Maryland

Reply to
Big Willie

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups

Anonymous

Sedona LX.....Is it me or do you get bit on the inside of the leg by the seat trim on the left side of the driver's seat when you get out of the Van?

Reply to
My Own Little Universe