Sedona noise when cold + paint problem

My 2002 Sedona EX started making a strange noise when I back out of my driveway. I only have 12,000 miles on it so, it's not being run much. The noise only happens occasionally and only when it is cold. If I sit and let it run a few minutes it doesn't do it but, if I forget and back out as soon as I've started the car I get the noise. The first time it happened I thought I ran over something. It seems to be a pretty loud sort of rubbing or grinding sound. Does anyone have any idea what it might be?

My second problem is with the paint. Every place that any road gravel hit it on the hood is showing clear down to the metal and my roof rack is all peeling off. Has anybody else had any problem with their paint on this year?

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
mshomo1