sorento bounce

have new sorento lx with 1000 mi have wheel bounce at about 70-80 dealer balanced wheels and checked air(30) still did not help called dealer was told iam driving truck not car any ideas thanks

Reply to
donsofla

Just how bad is this "bounce"? Our Sorento with over 15,000 miles has never had any sort of handling problems no matter what speed we drove it, or if we were towing or driving solo. The excuse of "get used to it because you are driving a truck" is absurd - don't ever go back to that dealer again if that's their attitude.

First thing is to take it to a reputable independent tire shop and have the tires balanced and rotated. There is a good possibility that the dealer never actually re-balanced your tires, but just let it sit in the parking lot then told you he did (which is a definte possibility if he has that "get used to it" attitude). A balance, rotation and alignment check won't cost all that much and will be more than worth a little peace of mind. Also have them inspect for a bad tire or separated tread, or a bent rim. Also, check the decal on the driver's door sill and see if 30 is the recommended tire pressure for your truck - that sounds a little low but my wife is at work and I can't check her Sorento until tomorrow night.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

30 psi is the recommended pressure, front and back for the Sorento, at least for the EX-L which wieghs a tad more than the LX. As I don't see the weight difference accounting for much in the tire department, it is believable that his LX would be 30.

I should note that the my dealer had all tires at 33 psi upon delivery. I did NOT notice anything bad about the ride at 33 psi. It has also been said that the listed pressure is the minimum recommended for the vehicle. Should your weight requirements go up - regularly hauling heavy stuff - you would increase the tire pressure accordingly.

In conclusion, I would definitely follow Johnathan's advice with one extra provision: Get the results of the independent test in writing. That way you have some proof if you need it should you face that dealer again.

Reply to
Tim Lapin

If you are lucky enough to be able to go to other dealers - I'd recommend it. From my own experience and reading messages here, dealer quality is all over the map. My 30000+ miles EXL is as smooth as glass at any speed. Warning. Not all tire shops will do a GOOD balance job. Ask around.

Bye for now, PT

Reply to
default