Sorento transfer case & differential service?

Gents,

A friend of mine has an 03 Sorento with about 50k kms on it. She's had it since new, and she gets the oil changed at some local lube shop near where she lives, pretty religiously, about every 5k -7k or so. I don't know much about Kias, but I do know that it has a part-time 4WD system. She doesn't tow anything, but she does live outside the city limits and therefore runs some dirt roads on her way into work every day. She's never had any other service done, except a few minor things like a faulty radio, etc. So my question is: Should she get the transfer case and differential service done as indicated in Kia's maintenance schedule (at 32K)? Is it necessary to get the fuel filter replaced as well (48K)? Any other maintenance she should get done? Please keep in mind she has had a recent setback and therefore does not have a lot of money, although she does understand the importance of looking after her "baby".

Thanks very much for any responses.

Peter

Reply to
PeteGibbons

I have a 03 Sorento EX 4wd and also don't use my 4wd often. The only thing I would do is check the fluid levels in all transfer cases and have all driveline shafts lubed. As for the fuel filter I understand it's inside the fuel tank if so I don't intend paying a high cost to change it as removing the tank would surly cost. I use Mobil1 10/30 in engine and the Kia OEM filter I also change my on oil&filter. One item not mentioned is rotating the tires front to rear as manual states. And never replace just two tires if needed as the smaller Dia. of the used tires with the larger Dia. of new tires causes wear problems with the

4Wd system. Another thing I do is add a quality fuel injector cleaner every so often just to be on guard. I plan on having the antifreeze flushed and changed at end of this winter.
Reply to
View from Outer Space