Spark Plugs-how the heck do ya change 'em?

We have a 1999 Kia Sportage, since Feb 2003. The fuel efficiency has gone down, and we wanted to change the spark plugs. The way it looks the plugs are somewhere in the middle of the engine? Is this going to require a partial disassembly?

Dave

Reply to
David Meads

You need to pull the plenum. It will take about a day for the first time. I can do it in my sleep now. (2-3 hours.) You can reuse the gasket if your carfull. Please be carfull because the gasket is $25 from KIA. Use anti sieze for those soft aluminium castings. Don't overtighten bolts or you will have a real problem.

Reply to
termin8or