Sportage

I'm looking at a 1998 Kia Sportage, 71,000 miles for my 17 year old.

I would appreciate any advice anyone can share.

Thanks.

Reply to
Kevin

We just bought one with 81,xxx, 2WD, manuel trans . . . paid $2,930 on the internet which seems to be the going price for a '98. The vehicle needed a tuneup which I did for about $80 in parts and 3 hrs. labor and needs tires and alignment -nothing out of the ordinary.

Ours is rock solid, so far. The engine uses no oil (tail pipe is bone dry brown), transmission and clutch were solid, electronically everything is fine. We're going to buy another one for the other daughter. I have seen them with as much as 140,000 miles on them with owners saying 'still runs solid' , of course, maintaining a vehicle has more to say about this than the model/make.

Good luck,

Mike Frandson, St Louis, MO USA

Reply to
Mike Frandson

Reply to
dbruce

| I just purchased a1 1999 with 60,000 mile. Runs like a charm and gets great | gas mileages. I day go for it

How much did you give for it?

Reply to
Not Me