Sportage - Front Light Marker Lens

Hi All,

This maybe a highly unlikely story but it happen to me for the first time. Driving along a dark highway (bridge) at 100kms/hr (60mph) on a slightly bumpy highway. My front passenger turn signal lens decides to fall out its socket and flies away. OK, you can all laugh now. On most vehicles they are secured by screws to the body frame either inside or outside. On a

2002 KIA Sportage, the lens goes thru a slot built on the frame and it is held by both friction and a small retention spring attach to the body. Lucky me, the plastic part of the lens where the spring was attach broke and the lens flew in the pitch dark highway never to be found. In order for it to get replace under warranty, I have to have the broken lens as proof. Well, driving at 100kms/hr on the middle of the highway where on one side is a van and an 18 wheeler on the other trying to pass me at 100kms/hr, silly me for not stopping and not picking it up. Ooopsss, the safety catch in case the spring broke away from the plastic part of the lens is the wind, where it supposed to keep it in by using wind down force, because its bumpy it fell off. Anyone has a similar exprience ? Sorry for the long post.

Rgds,

Tiggerad01

Reply to
Tiggerad01