Squeaking noises from rear - seats? on Sedona and Spectra5

Hi -

I'm a new owner of a 2006 Sedona after recently trading in a 2005 Spectra5. While content with ride and features on these models, I am sadly dissapointed in discovering a recurring problem with squeaking noises more than likely coming from the rear seats of these vehicles.

Has anyone else witnessed the same? And if so, How can I convince the dealership that this problem DOES exist? And What are some solutions to fix it?

On the Sedona, I suspect the problem is with either one of the 60/40

3rd row seats. Driving away a brand new car and hearing these noises makes it feel like you're driving a 20-year old beat-up army vehicle.

Thanks.

Reply to
abasalma

I hope my new one hasn't got any squeaks when it arrives. Have you got leather seats? Two separate leather seats can sometimes create a noise if they are not secured properly ie. slightly rubbing against each other. Gordon>

Reply to
Spanner

No leather here, cushion cloth. This is the base model 'LX' in Canada. Even when 'stowed' into the floor the squeaking is heard. It's also more pronounced when passengers are sitting on them.

Spanner wrote:

Reply to
abasalma

Ref "discovering a recurring problem with squeaking noises more than likely coming from the rear seats of these vehicles".

I am having the same problem. A LX model with leather seats. However I have managed to determine that it noise seems to come more from the back interior panels rather than the 3rd row seats.

Try pressing lightly on the rear interior panel about half way up. On mine this re-create the same creaking sound as I push. After this the car is noiseless for a while until it returns after about a week or so....

Reply to
rallyman123

Hmm... I made this exact observation also during my initial investigation. But realised later that the bigger problem must be with the 3rd row seats since the noise is exaggerated when either they're 'stowed' into the floor or when passengers are sitting on them.

I found a temporary way to eliminate the noise: simply fold and stow the seats, then re-lift them back into place firmly, and ensuring that the seatback recliner strap has properly locked the seatback into position.

Still looking for a real solution, I have yet to try:

- removing those rear side interior panels and applying some sort of foam or padding material

- buying some sort of WD-40 type substance or grease that can be applied to the seat catches and latches.

Another area I found produces the squeaking: if you press on the plastic backing behind the 3rd row seatbacks. To really hear it, just half-fold the seats and try it.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
abasalma

Just to be fair, the statement:

"...Driving away a brand new car and hearing these noises makes it feel

like you're driving a 20-year old beat-up army vehicle...."

is obviously a descriptive exaggeration but it does speak to the disappointment of a new car owner. After stowing and re-fixing the 3rd row seats back in place and not having any passengers sit on them for over a week, I must admit the squeaking noise has diminished significantly.

abasalma wrote:

Reply to
abasalma