Squeaky belts

Has anyone experienced a sudden squeaky belt noise? It seems to have come on suddenly, and it is very annoying. Is it a known problem? serious?

Reply to
kbnjb4

I had a similar problem with my 2004 kia optima, I took it back and forth to the dealer numerous times, and it would squeal all the way there and STOP as i was driving onto the lot. I left it overnight, and they started it up the next morning, now it squealed. The tension was within specs according to the mechanic, but still needed to be tightned a little bit. Now i have no problems at all.

"kbnjb4" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Reply to
Eksak