the brake switch went out in my 2000 kia when replaced all brake lights work

the brake switch went out in my 2000 kia when replaced all brake lights work , but when you turn your headlights on the light stays on in rear window even though brakes aren't being applied is this normal? or shoulf this light only be on when brakes are applied ?

Reply to
angel

but when you turn your headlights on the light stays on in rear window even though brakes aren't being applied is this normal? or shoulf this light only be on when brakes are applied ?

Definitely a problem. Best bet is to take it back to the person who replaced the switch to make it right. it sounds stuck but in any case the "fix" did not fix it.

Reply to
Jkairoff