The New '06 Sedona

The first ones just rolled off the truck at the local Kia dealer late last week. Got my first test drive last night.

What an upgrade! While the new Sedona does lose its full-service spare (something I lament in a lot of cars), it is a much more spacious and comfortable vehicle.

The driver literally has a full "driver information center" at his disposal. The rear seats fold down into the floor. There is much more power at your command.

I test drove a base LX, and could not believe how much equipment comes standard. I have not even seen an options list yet, but chances are most people can be perfectly happy with an LX, unless you have to have leather.

It will be a bit before I make one my own. For any of you that do buy one, we will be interested how it shakes out, what the mileage will be and so forth.

I am impressed.

Green Valley Giant

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

I will not buy a car that does not have a full spare. This is one aspect that should be standard! What kills me is seeing a car that cost

40k with a doughnut on it....
Reply to
MDH

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:40:48 -0500, someone posing as MDH took a five minute break from flipping burgers to boot up the etch-a-sketch and scribbled:

My mom just bought a Sportage LX. (She added a DVD/Satellite system.) Apparently, according to the dealter, the LX models are coming up and there will be little differences. I saw that on the sportage. There were only four or five things on the EX not standard on the LX.

By the way, I went with her, because my Sedona got her $500 off on the sportage. Nice incentive.

It is the space. When they moved to having the "all important" fold in the floor seats, they needed room. Something had to go.

I honestly could care less about this. Last time I actually used a spare was in '88.

Reply to
Perfect Reign

well you do know Perfect, consider yourself jinxed....

Anyway, I had posted something about the '06 Sedona elsewhere...

I must say I was suprised...the interior is beautiful and spacious and I am sure alot of "soccor moms" are gonna love added bonus of the stowaway seats.

As far as the new engine...it sounds American, oddly....and it runs great...although I was dissappointed on how much it resembles the honda van...the exterior looks that is...

But there is a drivers information center, kinda like the Amanti...power doors and rear hatch...although I don't think I would feel comfortable putting kids near the sliding door windows...as they go down like a regualar rear window instead of the popouts they had before...

I think that Kia is definately stepping up to the plate in terms of competitive vehicles...I just hope they got all the wiring issues down....lol

Reply to
Ashorttoy

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:52:03 -0500, someone posing as Ashorttoy took a five minute break from flipping burgers to boot up the etch-a-sketch and scribbled:

LOL!!

I thought the same about the '02. LOL

Man, my three year old constantly bugs me about being able to roll down the windows. The three and five year olds love sitting in the back row so they can open and close the vent windows.

Knock on wood, I haven't had that issue....yet!

Reply to
Perfect Reign