todays problem..Auto mate remote programming

My daughters 2000 Sportage has an Auto Mate brand remote (RKE) instead of the Kia one. she lost 1 of the remotes, I was able to buy another exactly like it on eBay. the instructions from Automate say hold the Valet button and the horn will sound, them you push the lock button and it's programmed. no such luck. 1 remote works fine, I just can't get the sytstem to accept another, anyone have any suggestions.

Reply to
helix