What type oil for Sedona?

I purchased a Kia Sedona 2 weeks ago. It comes with lifetime free oil changes. I was wondering if it is worthwhile paying the extra to go with a synthetic oil, or is just the regular motor oil ok?

Reply to
Garth Vader

Regular motor oil should be fine as long as the oil is changed every 3k miles. Some places are only willing to spring for one every 7500 miles as this is the minimum interval in most owner's manuals for "normal" driving conditions. If this is the case, you should probably spring for the ones in the middle and save yourself significant grief.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Ok, thanks.

KIA is giving 3 free / year so if I go over the amount, I'll pay for the extra. I think they say every 8,000 km. I thought I would likely want to do it more frequently anyway.

Reply to
Garth Vader

I'd do one every 5000km and pay for the additional oil changes as necessary if they will do that. If they balk at doing an oil change every 5000km, then just do one every 4000km and pay for every other oil change.

Reply to
hyundaitech