Wheel Covers -- KIA SPECTRA

My KIA came with the wheel covers that are held on by the tire lug bolts.

Tho the lugs are tight, the covers are loose, with about 1/2" play ( back and forth )

They rattle when I go over bumps.... and besides that, loose wheel covers just don't seem right.

Dealer sez; "NTF" ( no trouble found )

I'm wondering if i'm missing some sort of lock-washer under each lug......

Any one els having problems with loose wheel covers ?

Reply to
Anonymous

"" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I haven't had a car with bolted-on wheel covers for a while (1979), but they had springs on the backside of the cover to pressure it against the lug nuts.

Reply to
Jeff

My 06 spectra has those little gripper teeth / fingers on the outer edge of the wheel covers that grip the steel wheels. They are firmly on like a real wheel cover but not as tight.

Reply to
Paul