Wind Noise

District rep was @ meeting Tues. Furnished me a rental car while they try to resolve wind noise issue. Have had Sedona for two days now trying to fix. Maybe today.

Reply to
Thomas Avery

Thomas

Did they find a solution to the wind noise? Gordon>

Reply to
Spanner

Nope. Had a visit by Field Tech Rep after District Rep was unsuccessful. Tried several things, all without success. Kia is going to send next level of Rep for evaluation. BTW, my 2006 Sportage has same problem and same results.

Reply to
Thomas Avery

Reply to
DELETETHIS

Sorry if this offends you, but the best solution is to not get a vehicle with a sunroof. And part of that solution is for Kia/Hyundai to quit equipping so many vehicles with them.

I have one on my '05 Sedona - it is silly and pointless, and makes it very challenging to use the cartop as a luggage rack, etc.(by the time I wanted a van, the only ones the dealer had left all had this on it). But Kia/Hyundai bundles their options now (like most automakers, especially foreign do), and the sunroof is added into the option packages FAR earlier than it should be - don't know why.

The next time you meet with one of the Kia reps, tell them that - unless of course, the sunroof is what you really wanted. In my world, most all sunroofs will eventually cause problems if you have the vehicle long enough.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Don't have sunroof. Noise is from front windows.

Reply to
Thomas Avery

Honest opinions never offend me. I did not really want a sunroof but the only gray Amantis in the south had one. I dont mind one nor the extra money since the temps this time of year on the Gulf coast make the roof a nice feature. I am 99%+ sure that the sunroof is the source of the wind noise that will go away when i close the headliner under the roof.

As for sunroof problems - I suppose if you keep a car l> Sorry if this offends you, but the best solution is to not get a vehicle

Reply to
DELETETHIS

My 03 Rio has a noise that sounds like it's running on the white lines on the Interstate , I think they are called rumble strips ? I originally thought it was from the road when I first heard it but if wind conditions are right I can here it at around 35 -40 , always suspected the mirrors for some reason . Had a Toyota Camry that was in the family for years , never any noise from the sunroof .

Reply to
Phil

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@enews4.newsguy.com...

I'm not sure what model Kia you have but I have a 2006 Optima and have been having wind noise problems on the front passenger side. The latest they told me is that it has to do with how the mirror is and the wind is coming off of that and the way it's blowing across the window. This is the "determination" after they tried saying that the glass was moving around and replaced that.

--Molly

Reply to
mollyf

thanks for your kind reply

I have a 2007 Amanti and when I close the slid> >> "Rev. Tom Wenndt" wrote in

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@enews4.newsguy.com...

Reply to
DELETETHIS

I have an 02 Optima. I seem to remember the salesman catching me just before I drove off and removed some sort of protector or attachment to the wind deflector that deploys when the sunroof opens. He claimed that many salesmen forget that, then the customer complains of excessive wind noise.

Rich

Reply to
mookie