100% biodiesel

My 110 300tdi has now clocked up 500k's since switching to bio, changing filters soon. so far runs peachy! will keep updated if anyone interested

Reply to
Richard Trayling

I assume a 2 tank system. Would like to hear more details on conversion and fuel.

Neil

Richard Trayl> My 110 300tdi has now clocked up 500k's since switching to bio, changing

Reply to
bumble102

What type of bio, there's lots of variations given that tag, e.g. SVO,

5% bio 95% dino, err, and others.

If I did enough miles I might make the switch myself, still have the heat exchanger for the fuel filter for when I ran on SVO.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Hi All

I've been running a 50/50 mix with biofuel (B100) and deisel for the past month..Mix it in Jerry Cans before adding to the tank...And she runs fine with no loss of power at all..Landy is a 110 200TDi

Cheers Mash

Reply to
Jon

My Rangie with a 200tdi has been running on 100% rapeseed oil for 6kmiles now without a hiccup. A road near me has long undulating hills with a 50mph limit. On diesel I would often run out of puff in 5th and need to change into 4th to go over the top of some of the hills whilst keeping to the limit in the runup to the hill. On rapeseed it has more power and sails over in

5th. I have not yet measured it but suspect that I am getting more mpg as well.

It has an Elsbett dual tank system but the small tank in the boot has yet to have any diesel in it. I am told that it would only be needed in very cold weather - since I do not normally have frosts here by he sea it should not be a problem.

I don't know about the biodiesel but apparently a mixture of rapeseed and diesel is not recommended as they do not mix and can cause a lot of problems.

If anyone is contemplating using th 200tdi on rapeseed oil I thoroughly recommend it.

58p per litre in bulk tax paid or 37p per litre in Tesco if you were caught out and wanted to be naughty.

Peter

Reply to
persheenbay

A bit more info on the diesel I use, I live in South Australia, we have a small fuel company here called SAFF, here's a link for some info on the B100,

Also, if you have the time sign a petition encouraging my country to introduce a greater usage of ethanol,
thanks!

Reply to
Richard Trayling