110 CSW (1990 TD) Indicator oddness.

Last night on the way home I picked up a couple of issues on the 110. One is a rather concerning grating noise from the NSF hub / brakes. Only recently fitted new disks (and bearings to the OSF) turns out the squeal may have been the other side so that needs a strip down in the week.

The other thing is the Indicators suddenly started bahaving oddly. When I put the indicator on the lights flash with for the normal lit duration , then what seems like a second if not more.. or sometimes not at all again until the next flash. This affects both sides and also with the hazards on.

Of not the trailer light also lights up. As its not pinned to one side I've ruled out a bad earth at the light socket. I'm thinking relay issue or stalk. But would a Stalk issue affect the hazards.. which then points me back to the relay.

We have been towing last weekend so have had the trailer socket in use.

Any thoughts or observations from members who may have come across this more regularly?

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

duration ,

hazards on.

points me

Bad contacts on the hazard switch can cause some very odd effects

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I think there's been discussion on this sort of topic quite a bit in here, often it seems to come down to the hazard switch, which partially disintegrates leaving the wrong bits connected or disconnected. Diagnostic, unless you're feeling particularly mascochistic is to temporarily swap it with a known good! bicbw!

Reply to
GbH

100% shit hot correct, had me going on the 90 for ages!
Reply to
Nige

Ok thats the first port of call then. I can recall the thread now, cheers chaps!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

"Lee_D" wrote

Could it be a stone caught in the disc? Try backing up and braking a few times and see if it shifts it.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Dad suggested the same. I'll take a peek over the next couple of days, till then its grounded.

I'm hoping for something simple I guess at worst it may be the bearing or CV but doubt its the CV.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Also look for bent disc shield or one flapping in the breeze if the attaching lug(s) have corroded away.

Reply to
Dougal

Dougal, You were spot on! I think a stray football on the campsite last weekend did it.

As for the indicators... sorted themselves ... very odd. Maybe a landrover spider had camped on something. Fore warned is forearmed I guess.

Thanks all... and Phew!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D