110 for sale

Well, my 110 is finally up for sale folks. Full details here..... ebay item

290402123206.
Reply to
Badger

On or around Sat, 13 Feb 2010 08:40:19 -0000, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

what you got instead, a ZIL 131? Always fancied one of those...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 13 Feb 2010 13:27:54 +0000, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

Actually, looking around, the GAZ 66 looks a handy thing, about unimog-sized.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Dodge Ram 2500, Quad-cab, 5.7 Hemi, 4x4, on LPG!

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Oooo,

Nice. I like american trucks.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lol, so do I Lee - it's got headroom, knee room, legroom, elbowroom and a heater that can keep all body parts at the required temp simultaneously, lol. Time will tell how rugged it is however....... Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Only downside is that paper bag you have to wear on your head all the time!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Ah, but it's a left-hooker so people automatically stare at the front passenger, leaving me free to avoid the potholes, lol. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Get the bloody thing converted (or do it yourself).

Reply to
EMB

No need, I am quite capable of driving a left-hooker on the left side (correct side, lol) of the road. Conversion parts for the Ram are rare - right-hand drive versions do exist, but they are extremely rare and the parts manuals do not list the right-hand-drive parts, as it was never officially sold in the UK. Thing is, it'll only do around 3000 miles a year so it isn't an issue, and when I'm in a forest or on a single-track road, it's all pretty irrelevant anyway.... Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Yeah 'cos you're stuck and ain't going nowhere cowboy ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

'sure looks like a hog, don't he, pa'

Reply to
Nige

Hi Badger, Hope you get some decent money for it, Guys I can confirm it's one hell of a motor, been in it only once but that was enough. If I had spare cash (if ever!) I'd have it in a flash.

Cheers Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

I refuse to look at the advert because I know I'd want it and I can't so I'm not looking. I know its awesome.. I'm not even going to peep...

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Aww, go on, you know you want to, one little peep can't hurt, lol. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Don't put temptation in the path of a Roverholic!

Reply to
GbH

Here's just a few details Lee just to show what you're missing

Let's get one thing straight, this is NOT your average Landrover. Angus, as he is affectionately known, started life as a very early 110 (1/12/83) complete with original alloy twin-sliding window tops and a

2.25 petrol engine, but he's better now, lol. I have owned him for the last 17, nearly 18 years, and in that time he has been transformed to the fine specimen seen here. Around 9 years ago he was converted to V8 and rebuilt on a galvanised "Marsland" chassis (At the time they made chassis under licence for the factory, when the factory couldn't meet demand!) and fitted with all new brake pipes etc at the same time. Since then, roughly 6 years ago, he was treated to a body rebuild with a brand-new genuine parts (read expensive, very expensive!) bulkhead, front wings, screen frame, doors, door tops, heated glass front and rear, wiper mechanism, seat belts and a full re-wire. At roughly the same time he was converted to automatic, using a rangerover 4-speed autobox, and treated to new brakes all round, vented at the front.

He has been used as a rally recovery vehicle for the last 10 years or so

- mainly in support of forest rallying, clocking up an average of only a couple of thousand miles a year. Our task was to pull out all the dead/crashed vehicles after the event, so it's not as if he was actually raced or anything daft like that. He has winched some really cleverly "parked" rally cars out of some strange locations at times...... then towed what remained of them (slowly!) back to a place of safety!

I'll try to list the full spec:- Galv chassis, 110 TDi progressive front springs, 110 rears with 130 helpers, 130 shocks all round, vented front discs and calipers, rear anti-roll bar, original salisbury rear axle, heavy-duty front axle with 4-pin diff and heavy-duty half-shafts, heavy-duty twin-alternator electrical system, halogen headlamps, seriously loud air horns, bucket-style front seats, single inward-facing rears (x2), power steering, ZF4 autobox (fully rebuilt 2 years ago with heavy-duty clutch packs, uprated sprag clutch and modified main "A" clutch basket), and an absolute stonker of an engine! The engine is a one-off special built by myself to advertise my business - it's a 4.6 block, top-hat linered and bored to 4.7, full ARP studs and composite gaskets throughout, gas-flowed stage 2 heads, hi-torque camshaft, vernier timing gear, fully balanced, 4-branch manifolds feeding into a custom stainless big-bore exhaust system with a beautiful deep but subdued note, Disco II "Thor" inlet manifold custom-fitted with thermostat housing and Hotwire EFI system running closed-loop with Lambda feedback, with a full SGI LPG system (OMVL Dream 21-N) as well, utilising a 90ltr tank in the rear of the vehicle. The engine runs roughly 50psi oil pressure at 2400rpm (hot), and never goes above 85 degrees coolant temp. In theory, this engine was built to give close to

252bhp and 290lbft of torque, but this is based on computer predictions and it has never been dyno'd to prove these values - all I can say is this, it isn't slow! Tyres are as good as new A/T's (full set of 5) 265/75-16. Rear floor was ply lined when I bought him in 1992, various other parts have been replaced over the years, too many to mention, lol. There is a Pioneer 6-cd stereo system with separate amp and technics speakers as well. A Clifford alarm is installed, but there is a fault somewhere so it doesn't work. Both front and rear heated screens work correctly and the heater is actually quite good for a defender since I replaced the heater box with a new later version. He also has a late-style fuel filler neck and locking cap, all locks were replaced with a matched set so no bunch of keys to search through for each door.
Reply to
hugh

Bet that you did !

Reply to