110 rear seat

anyone has experience with replacing uncomfortable 110 rear seats with any other make something that will support an adult on a long ride?

I replaced the middle row seats with a combination of Trakkers/Exmoor Trim Hi/Lo Back seats, and must admit to being a tad disappointed.

They were much better for the kids than the standard fare, more comfortable and safer, but still small for adults, and the seat backs were still very upright. Fine when the kids were awake, but left them hanging off the seat belts when they fell asleep.

I also bought and fitted the seat extensions from Trakkers that gave a couple of inches more leg room - although this worked and was a big improvement it achieved this by moving the seat back upwards and backwards, resulting in a large hole at the back of the seat - just right for losing all sorts into the rear load bay. For what you get, a few metal brackets and a handful of bolts and stuff, I thought it was an expensive modification, especially as I had to drill holes in the seat frames to mount them.

I believe you can also only use the extensions if you have the four individual seats in the rear, and not the six seating benches.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Pewsey

Very interesting feedback. Any alternative?

My thought too, although I haven't bought them yet. Would you be willing to post plans/pictures/etc that would allow us to make some? ;-)

This is what Exmoor trim told me.

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

Sorry Fred,

I let the vehicle go last year, along with the seat bits and fitting instructions.

I only extended one seat in the end, reverted on sale, but did have some photos of it, but danged if I can find them now!

:(

Mark

Reply to
Mark Pewsey