110 rear suspension self level thingy

There's always RKB101111 springs fitted to XA on 110's - they are dual rate and no differenciation is made between SW's and "Standard" vehicles from then on. Just to add to the confusion.......;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Ian, the easiest way i found to soften spring rates is to have some weight in the back at al times. It really does work i found.

Nige

--

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob) FOR SALE!!! Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

'"I don't remember asking you a goddam thing"

Reply to
Nige

Sure, but also lowers fuel economy and takes up space. Then if you need the space you have to dump the ballast. I reckon I'll just get some softer springs and tackle the capacity issue if I ever need to. Softer springs will give me better axle articulation and less jarring over road bumps, I've never had more than about half a tonne in the back at a guess.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:57:04 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

I used to carry about a hundredweight of tools around with me...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I carry about 200 kilos of recovery stuff in the back at all times, spare tyre, hand-winch, ropes, spades, pick-axe, trench-ladders, boltcutters, pruners, saws etc, but it's all packed around the bulkhead to stop it causing problems in a crash, so there's still relatively little weight at the rear compared to the front.

When I do have a load in the back of enough weight to make the suspension level out a little, the ride is a lot softer. Plus of course if the springs are hard at the rear, it'll make the truck lift wheels more than it otherwise would when off-roading.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

...and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

How many friends is that, then?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

My 2006 MY 110 county XS has no anti-roll bars at all.

With the new springs I don't notice any difference at all.

Reply to
Marc Draper

I should have said, "All 110 CSW's should have rear anti-roll bars, they are part of the "County Pack" until Td5's, which have progressive springs instead".

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

;-)

Reply to
Marc Draper

My old 110 CSW didnt have any!!

Nige

Nige

--

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob) FOR SALE!!! Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

'"I don't remember asking you a goddam thing"

Reply to
Nige

I expect they were removed either because:

The links failed an MOT (they used to be very expensive).

They were taken off by someone going off-road

or

The factory didn't fit them as the vehicle started out life as a Station Wagon, rather than a County Station Wagon (plastic seats rather than cloth and a radio seems to be about the only difference).

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd