110 / Series 3 Hardtop Transplant

Hi,

I have been offered a 110 hardtop (from a mid-nineties County Statino Wagon). I run a canvas roofed Series 3 109 and would like to fit the 110 roof to it.

Has anyone carried out such an exchange, or does anyone know if it will fit without too much messing about (with the right fixings etc.)?

Any thoughts greatfully received. Thanks

Reply to
Duncan Fairwood

I think the windscreen will make the biggest difference, the 110 is slightly taller than a series. Anyone know if a 110 screen goes straight on to a Series 3? As for the fixings, drill new holes if they don't line up :)

I suppose a filler strip could be put in the gap, plywood even :) Leave it open for that "wind in your hair" feeling?

Reply to
wayne

The front (above the winscreen) fitting will be difficult. More importantly is that if it is genuinely from a CSW then the sides won't be long enough as a CSW would have had 5 doors. It's not going to be easy to fill the gap neatly.

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White