110 suspension

Just seen these on ebay.

these be ok on a 1984 110 with boge?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

-
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On or around Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:35:15 +0100, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

I think they're a different size on the back of the 110.

The "with boge" type are 13 quid-odd from Paddock. almost ordered some this morning, but then had cold feet as I still hoper to afford some mildly-lifted ones.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Twas Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:12:29 +0100 when Austin Shackles put finger to keyboard producing:

Ah well, lets hope my next shoot pays well and I'll get all new with some polybushes too.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

-
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Reply to
Gmacz

On or around Thu, 22 Apr 2004 22:55:49 +0100, "Gmacz" enlightened us thusly:

not sure about the last part. I imagine it'll just not do much unless you put more weight in it. If you lower the rear end by putting weight in enough that the boge gets to do it's stuff, it'll still do it's stuff, surely.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

You would have two things doing the same thing. The Boge only works when it is put under pressure. No weight, no pressure and the boge just moves up and down with no assistance to the suspension. Put weight in the Landy and the pressure on the Boge increases and it will assist the suspension. Put standard springs in and they will take the weight and the Boge will not be put under pressure and therefore will work in a "no weight" situation. The Boge can sit lower with weight, but the springs will compress and control the weight leaving the Boge with no weight to control. Yours Gmacz

Reply to
Gmacz

On or around Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:47:20 +0100, "Gmacz" enlightened us thusly:

well, yeah. but if you put lots of weight in it, it'll compress the springs more, and the boge will find something to do. I assume what triggers the boge is the amount it's compressed by, rather than the actual weight, since it's design brief is to maintain a certain suspension level, not a given weight capacity.

someone had a big chart of all the spring weights and so on, anyone know who or got a copy?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Try these top link is specs of springs, colour codes etc. Second link is a spring rate calculator.

Reply to
Wolverine

On or around Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:44:42 +0100, "Wolverine" enlightened us thusly:

ta. the top one tells me what I wanted. The Bearmach heavy duty 110/130 spring is *seriously* OTT, at 510 rate Standard with leveller seems to be around 180, standard without about 215, LR HD is 330. 510 is very stiff...

I'm contemplating springs, what I want really is something about 1-2" lift, at near-enough standard rates. BMs are about the right lift, but their 110 rear spring is very stiff.

Reply to
Austin Shackles