110 top speed

What top speed can I expect from a 1984 2.5 NA 110?

Reply to
Ian

In article , Ian writes

Frightening.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

you are looking at around 80mph but youll only see this on long flat motorway runs or downhill slopes ..

generally speaking 65/70mph is the tops because the engine doesnt pull that hard .

Reply to
m0bcg

I got my SWB 2a with a 2.5D engine in up to 84 once (according to the GPS)

That was just after i rebuilt it with new rings and stuff.

It wont go that fast anymore, but will cruise at 60-70. Before i rebuilt it, it would only cruise at 55-60.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I had mine up to 70+ once, never again, too much concentration required. 50 to 60 is much better, don't have to worry about overtaking, and even following caravans is OK. Stress free motoring.

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel

Not sure if this is any help. but I used to get the IIa 2.25na up to H flat out, or P if I was going downhill.

Reply to
SimonJ

I'll have a look behind the sunvisor tomorrow. I did once work out the ratios for each gear and stored the results behind there. This was only about 18 years ago so I expect the paper will still be there in the morning. ISTR that third gear was exactly correct for the speedo such that it pulled

2000 at 20mph, 3000 at 30mph and 4000 at 40.

As far as practical limits, then 70 is possible but a practical maximum is about 60.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

I had mine to a steady 80 once, but the exhaust was broken (clean break by the gearbox) so that might have something to do with it. I think 60 is more relaistic.

-- Mark.

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

Driving my landy around with a broken exhaust (below the passenger seat) - made it very slow and loud. For a while i had an exhaust that was about 4 foot of pipe with an old cherry bomb on the end. This gave me lots of power when pulling off, but top speed was worse.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Yep, still there. The speed at 4000erpm, which is where maximum power is rated is third 40mph, fourth 60mph and fifth 70mph. That is if you want to run the engine virtually to the governor.

80mph in a standard NA diesel is wishful thinking. The thing would go 'bang' in short order.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Wound up by an Ar***ole on the A1 1 saw 80+ - then remembered the caraven on the back!!

Reply to
John Moppett

Had about 82 out of my 85 90 nad when I got it, but thats the max and not to be repeated in a hurry.

70 is the max I will go now, with 55 60 as my cruising speed.

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

I would definitely reaffirm the above for my 90 too!!

Stew

Reply to
90ninety