15" 8-spoke wheels

I've got 4 of these on the 110 for the project vehicle - they sit further out from the hubs which is handy; the brake disc is roughly in line with the inside edge of the rim. When I had (a different) set of these on the 110 I kept a normal 16" LWB rim as a spare. However, I don't think that will work on the project motor.

Don't suppose anyone's got a single 7x15 8-spoke of this ilk (I can measure the offset to check it, that's if they doesn't have any obvious markings) they want to exchange for beer tokens? Not bothered about tyre - it's going onto 235/75R15s (or possibly 30x9.50R15s). The former are about the same OD as standard Rangie wheels, which will suit it quite well. The latter are a touch bigger. It'll depend on what the clearance looks like.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Be aware that most imperial tyre sizes are actually smaller when measured. Most 31-10.5x15's are only 30.2" diameter. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Thu, 9 Nov 2006 18:29:40 -0000, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

yeah, I've met that. Avon do a 235/75R15 which is also labeled 30x9.50R15, although on the face of it that's a contradiction.

235/75R15 will be just about right for this job - I'm not looking for extra height, it'll not be used for serious off-roading so lack of diff clearance won't be a major issue, and smaller tyres will reduce the bodywork clearance issues, I hope.

Need a tuit in the next week or so to go and see a chap at one of the local garages, I suspect he's a lot better qualified than the average, and hopefully can do the required inspection. I intend picking his brains on what he's likely to be looking for and for any hints about the sort of thing that'll be frowned upon, before I get to actually modifying things. I think I'll acquire a bunch of leaf-spring polybushes to use as body/chassis mounts. easy to fit and readily sourced.

Reply to
Austin Shackles