15 inches and tyres across France / Spain

Toying with new tyres on the 110 before our trip across France and Spain

Often hear comments about tyre availability (We currently run 235/85 and need the same rolling radius) being better on 15 inch rims.

What is the equivalent tyre size for similar rolling radius for a 15 inch rim and also is the availability in France / Spain any better than the

235/85 r16

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D a écrit :

The availability of any tyres in France isn't great full stop! When I wanted 2 new tyres on the Espace (probably one of the most popular vehicles out here so you'd expect plenty of availability) I had to wait

2 weeks for them to come in stock, only to get a phone call to say they couldn't get the tyres I ordered - ever! Of course, another garage could offer me an option at over twice the price, but in the end I bought them in the UK for 38 quid a corner rather than 120 euros (plus fitting) each! I've heard similar stories from other people around here too.

I don't think you'll find much difference to be honest. I've just chucked a leaflet from a big local tyre place, but I'll do some checking.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Matthew Maddock uttered summat worrerz funny about:

H'mm sounds like I best take an additional tyre and a couple of inner tubes to be on the safe side.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Tue, 22 May 2007 21:39:22 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

closest common size is 31x10.5R15 but in reality it comes out a bit smaller.

33x12.5R15 is a touch larger and very wide, 235/85 are nominally narrower than 10.5, even.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

PhilC