1965 2 1/4 litre petrol timing

hi can anyone let me know what the points gap should be? also the gap on the plugs?

it is a 2 and a quater litre, petrol engine, 1965 model.

Reply to
banjo

Points - 14 - 16 thou (0.36 to 0.4 mm)

plug gap 29 to 32 thou (0.75 to 0.8 mm)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

thank you richard, you have helped alot :)

Reply to
banjo

On or around Tue, 05 Dec 2006 13:54:55 +0000, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

that's a bit precise...

I expected answers like "points: 1 thickness of rizla packet"

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I was looking for:

Points - not much Plugs - a bit more

Hell, it'll run.

Reply to
Dave P

I once decided to do my 1960 2.25 "properly" - you know, strobe light and everything. I get the thing to the exact (according to the workshop manual) no. of degrees BTDC, and it ran like a DOG. So I just twisted the dizzy until it sounded right, and it ran sweet as a nut for the rest of the time I had it.

Stuart

Reply to
srtgray

If you set it "according to the book", you would not use a a strobe light - the book gives the static timing, so of course if you set it at that figure with a strobe light it will be wrong. JD

Reply to
JD

You are probably right there. No matter, doing it by ear was much more in tune (no pun intended) with the age of the vehicle.

Stuart

Reply to
srtgray