1990 110 TD Wolf rims & XZL's

Found some new sets of white wolf wheels & XZL's new for £300 per set of 4, are the ZXL's road legal? I prewsume no problems fitting wise? Seems a good deal for decent tyres & new wheels for nowt!

The trac edges are looking a bit ropey in parts, road legal, but not worth the risk for two of 'em.

Ta

nige

Reply to
Nige

Why not?

This is effectively what Michelin sell (or did in 2002) as the 4x4 O/R if they can make up their minds what naming 'system' to use. It used to be simple but now seems to be a complete shambles!

Go for them but don't expect good wet road behaviour!

Reply to
Dougal

Cheers Dougal, they are either Michelin or Goodyear XZL's & are brand new. I only asked as i know very little about thatkind of tyres, they do look a bit aggressive if you know what bi mean. i did think they may be as they drive on the M1 with them often enough!

hehehehe- the trac adges are a bit on the hairy side too! Mind you, once i had a good look today, they are not in the best condition really, 3 like new, 2 a bit shagged to be honest!

I reckon for £300 it's not a bad deal for decent off road tyres & a new set of wheels!

Cheers

nige

Reply to
Nige

Today's XZL and stablemate XML:

The three rib design of the 'old' XZL was used on imperial sizes, the metric sizes used the four rib design:
Sounds too good a deal to overlook!

Reply to
Dougal

this is the link, but these don't look like the ZXL's at witham sv etc?

I'm confuddled!

Nige

Thats the beggar!!! Still be ok on my 110 of the 1990 vintage, they must be old tyres anyway for that kind of price, but for 50/50 roadoff road use i suppose they could be ok.

cheers

nige

Reply to
Nige

I'm not sure. They don't look quite right in the side view - the central rib seems too wide compared with the side ribs. It could be just that he's just screwed up the electronic image resizing.

The XZLs on Witham's site today are the current pattern for the larger sizes.

Goodyear don't make the XZL. The G90, I think, is their likely offering:

Dougal

and another pretty piccy:

Dougal

Did you ever watch 'soap' in the 80's?? 'confused, you will be......'

LOL!!!

Are the tyres i am looking at road legal & a same size 'ish replacement for my trac edges of 235 85 16 sizes?

Me heed is boiling over!!!

Cheers matey

Nige

Reply to