1990 RRC: Plenum to Inlet Manifold hose conundrum

*****ing temperamental thing has thrown a fit after I replaced the dead alternator on Sunday and popped the hose from the warming assembly ('Cover assembly water jacket'?) below the butterfly next to the plenum chamber to a point on the inlet manifold behind and close to the thermostat housing. The second pipe from the 'cover assembly ....' goes to the O/S top the radiator.

My problem: Identifying the correct hose is always fun when the parts CD shows only one end attached to anything and the other end waving hopefully in space.

The split hose is attached to the 'cover assembly .....' closest to the plenum chamber.

This is where things become more tiresome. The VIN is 3GA422556 and it's a 1990 3.9 EFi

The 'To HA610293' page of the CD offers 'Hose-manifold V8 EFi Petrol ERC8598' (which seems a good choice) and 'Hose (Jacket/Water Outlet) ERR330'

And pictures the Plenum chamber with an an injector on the O/S, which mine deosn't have.

On the other hand the 'From JA610294' page also offers 'Hose-manifold Petrol V8 L/R EFi ERC8598' and 'Hose ERR330' with no other descriptions

So, which is the correct hose?

Please!

If it's standard I/D hose, maybe it would be simpler to buy some rather than search for the right part which, I assume, is manufactured from Unobtanium nowadays. Anyone know what size hose to look for?

Richard

Reply to
Richard

On or around Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:18:50 +0000, Richard enlightened us thusly:

Note that early EFi Rangies were 3.5 flapper and thus different. Not sure where the change came, in model-years, but I'd suspect that the early/late set of stuff in the parts list refer to 3.5 flapper or 3.9 hotwire.

might be wrong though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Different part number for 3.5 (ERC6163) and as he says 3.9 is ERR330 and the other hose (ERC8598) is the same for all engine variants and these numbers are the same from 1986 through to about 1992 at least.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Thanks Martin

But which hose is which?

I seek the one from plenum to inlet manifold.

Having said that I bought some 1/2" pipe today which may do the trick.

And I have ordered ECR330 from Hunt Grange just in case it is the right hose.

Richard

Reply to
Richard