1996 P38

Hi. I noticed a high pitched buzzing coming from the yellow relay / control unit located to the front of the battery on my car this afternoon. It sounds like a relay that is not latching, just the contacts flying back and forth

Does anyone know what this unit is and what it does?

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Steve uttered summat worrerz funny about:

No but pulling it out and seeing what doesn't work is always a starter for ten

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

There is a crash sensor thats yellow! Hope it's not that mate.

Reply to
Nige

yellow? isn't that the blowbag kit?

Reply to
William Tasso

Steve> Hi. I noticed a high pitched buzzing coming from the yellow Steve> relay / control unit located to the front of the battery on Steve> my car this afternoon. It sounds like a relay that is not Steve> latching, just the contacts flying back and forth

Steve> Does anyone know what this unit is and what it does?

Down on the front of the chassis rail with yellow wiring? It's the crash sensor. Are you sure that's where the noise is coming from?

Reply to
AndyC the WB

William Tasso uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Well then pulling it out , leaving the ignition on and smacking the bumper with a lump hammer should clear up this one.......

Refit and try again...

though I guess theres a less expensive test. Certainly best to get it tested pronto if that is tha case... I think I'd be wearing safety glasses all the way to the workshop though if the relay really is "buzzing".

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D