1998 Range Rover 4.6 - LPG / Alternative fuel conversion

I am a Brit living in California. Back in the day, I remember a number of blokes had their Rangies converted to LPG.

I would like to know if anyone in the grand state of California has attempted to get their Range Rover converted to a LPG or CNG setup.

Are there any independents here in CA who specialize in using the RPI kits from Blighty ?

Cheers

Reply to
Osho

I'm not but am intersted in what your paying over there for Petrol and what the LPG cost are. There is a popular rumour around these parts petrol is cheap as chips on your side of the pond.

I've got a 3.9 Disco on LPG too aftermarket Bigas kit/ Very happy with it.

Lee D (In England)

Reply to
Lee_D

The lowest I've observed is $ 2.28 for a gallon for petrol ... as for LPG, I don't know yet, I strongly suspect LPG is being used by what we refer to as fleet vehicles here .... not many private users !

My Range Rover currently gives me an average of 16 MPG I will post my findings here though, nevertheless ....

Cheers

Reply to
Osho

US gallon, some what smaller than a UK gallon.

1US gallon = 0.8326742 UK gallons

US$2.28/US gallon = US$2.74/UK gallon = GBP1.59/UK gallon = 35p/l or pretty much the cost of the fuel, less duty, in the UK.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice