2.5 naD on lidl corn oil?

Thinking of putting it in my 90 2.5 non turbo diesel engine mixed with diesel (50/50) anyone else tried it?

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

probably somebody in the forums has

good luck.Derek Kato 200TDi Disco Vegoil +ve

Reply to
Derek

I've just started to use it in my 300 tdi Disco, see post titled "Veg Oil", so different engine, but similar. We started with 10l Corn Oil with 10l diesel in a tank already 1/4 full of diesel. Filled up yesterday evening with 20l Corn Oil and 20l Diesel in a tank still 1/4 full of whatever was left.

I can report that it's working fine, feels cleaner on acceleration and with a tad more grunt too. So, we're still not quite at 50:50 yet, but edging there with no bad side-effects so far, but it's only been a couple of days.

This morning (5.15am) it was frosty, ice on windscreen and drivers side window, but started absolutely same as straight diesel ... let glow-plug light go out, turn switch, fire up and away. Sounds less 'clattery'too and doesn't smoke as much on warm start-ups, so far.

This weekend we're towing the caravan about 100 miles round trip, and taking Corn Oil with us to fill up en-route. I've also got a fuel filter etc standing by 'just in case'. ;) I'm gonna change all the filters and engine oil next week anyway as a matter of course.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:41:03 GMT, "jOn" wrote this gibberish:

The lucas-cav pump doesn't like thicker oil, I have read that it can fail. I ran a 2.5 na on 50/50 biodiesel and it was ok but corn oil is thicker especially at winter temperatures. I'd start at 25%.

Reply to
MarkVarley - MVP

Thanks for the tip Mark I've been a bit dubious about trying it, I was trying to kid myself that its an old pump and it would run on owt. Thanks everyone else for their input, much appreciated.

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

On or around Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:18:59 +0100, MarkVarley - MVP enlightened us thusly:

ey-oop. havne't seen you around for a while...

how's the arduous buinsess of photogaphing attractive and mostly-unclad females going?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

... and where's the results?

;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

is where Mark keeps his artwork.

Reply to
EMB

Cor Austin, you're so distracted at the thought you can't even type straight!

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

mostly-unclad

Lizzy, be fair to him, it's a huge change from sheep, and even they bleat at him in Welsh

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

On or around Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:35:57 +0100, Lizzy Taylor enlightened us thusly:

nah, that's normal. Just that generally the spell checker catches 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 07:32:50 +0100, Austin Shackles wrote this gibberish:

Busuness is good thanks Austin, I've just been lurking here as I've not had a Land Rover for a while, now living in London and if I had a vehicle I'd never use it. I do miss land rovers though, crowded busses are no substitute and the lack of constant maintenance and modifications are giving me oddly smooth hands, just not right somehow :o)

Reply to
MarkVarley - MVP