2000 Discovery plus dog...

Hi!

I'm going to get a dog (!!)

For short times I will need to leave the dog in the Discovery.

I believe that the alarm on a 2000 Disco checks for movement in the car.

I think the dog will move ;-) Failing that, the draft coming through the slightly open window is bound to move something!

Is there any special "I've left a dog in this car don't enable the alarm - just the immobiliser" method of securing the car?

Thanks

Reply to
pjh1

Yep,

Just lock it with the key, and NOT the fob.... :)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Yes, I *think* it is use the key in the drivers door not the blipper.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

With any luck it will have luggage securing points... then you just need a couple of luggage bungie straps.

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Please be aware that cars get very hot very quickly in hot weather.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

I think the OP has already considered that

"Failing that, the draft coming through the slightly open window is bound to move something!"

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Failing that, I remember leaving an Alsation in a Series II with the window open one overcast day. (With water available, of course)

We came back 15 minutes after the sun came out, to find him in the shade

*under* the Land Rover, which was still locked....
Reply to
John Williamson

Surprised he didn't take it off and bury it somewhere!

Reply to
GbH

He needed the shade. He weren't daft.... ;-)

Reply to
John Williamson

Lee,

I'm not disputing that but a dog can die of heatstroke in around 20 minutes in a car on a hot day.

A bowl of water and an open window won't help either. It's just surprising how fast it can happen.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

All, thanks for your responses - I suspected that the manual locking was the answer.

I am aware that dogs, cars and hot days do not mix and I assure you I will take care.

Thanks again!

Reply to
pjh1

I wonder if you found that out the same way I did .....

Reply to
Rich B

It is, deffo.

Reply to