2002 Freelander Head Gasket

The Head Gasket has just gone on my 2002 1.8 Freelander. There was no loss of performance or any symptoms apart from loss of 1 litre of coolant over 1,000km drive. I took it in for the 40,000km service immeadiately after the journey and told my dealer and they pressure tested the system and are fixing the fault under warranty. I've read lots about K series cylinder head faults on earlier models, but I thought this "design" problem was fixed in later models. Am I wrong? Also any comments on likely cause? TIA

Reply to
Big Giblets

Latest news is that the water pump must also be replaced, although I never had any idea it wasn't working and the temperature never rose above normal.