2003 Disco DVD player operation and wiring - problem with dealer

Hi

I'm trying to understand how the DVD player in a 2003 discovery adventurer is wired.

The reason is that I purchased the disco from a Land Rover dealer and they don't seam to be able to wire a new replacement DVD player in so it works the same way. The new DVD player is not a Land Rover unit. They tell me that I now have to set the radio to listen to the DVD through the speakers and the sound quality is no longer as good. They told me that the wiring diagram they have seen is done in this way on other land rovers using a FM Modulator. I'm sure this is not the case as on the original unit I selected CD and if the DVD was set to external speakers you would hear the DVD, the CD multichanger could not be controlled whist the DVD was in this mode.

Has any one got any ideas why they insist on using a FM modulator instead of wiring up as it was? This is all being done under warranty and I'd like to sort it out before it runs out.

Can anyone confirm the operation with there DVD?

I could do with a wiring diagram so I can give them a guide to put it right. I assume there is some kind of enable signal for the CD mutichanger.

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Rend

So why are they not fitting a LR DVD?

I'd argue that the warranty repair was reported and agreed whilst the warranty was in force so the mere fact that time passes is irrelevant to when the problem is finally solved.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Are the FM transmitter things even legal in this country? I thought that you were allowed to buy them but not use them..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

The don't transmit, they send the signal down the ariel wire.

Reply to
SimonJ

Ah right, still a dreadful way to do it though, a bodge.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Agreed totally, as someone else has said, why are they trying to do it like that when the unit is still under warranty?

They should be repairing it back to the same spec as when new.

Reply to
SimonJ