2003 Disco Headlights

Hi! All,

Can anyone give me some info. on deflecting the headlights for continental driving. I bought beam deflectors but there was no info on fitting them to any model of Land Rover, let alone the new Disco with no markings on the headlight covers. Dutton Foreskin dealership in Aylesbury from whom I bought it was absolutely no help at all. The Land Rover web site "contact us" button does not work! The handbook says nothing!

I've just returned from France, having guessed where to put the deflectors, having suffered hours of French Flashers giving me jip.

I need your help, chap/ette/s.

Dave

Reply to
Chopper

Hi,

Teach you to buy a shiny Land Rover.

Best answer I have had is to resort to the old Black Insulating tape method.

Park at night facing a wall on dip. Look for the bit that slopes up from the level section. One per lamp on the left side of the beam pattern.

Using a bit of card find out where on the lens this comes through. Mask that area of the lens to remove the sloping up area.

Hey presto the French are now happy.

Much cheaper than an expensive kit and there is always some tape in the car anyway. (Perhaps not with a shiny one! You need it to fix the broken bits on one used off road. Same reason I carry Duck tape and tie wraps.)

I do not know if this works with the Xenon projectors but at £600 a go I would hate to break one anyway so the family shiny Disco still has not got those.

On older vehicles you can see the sloping bit on the lens and its much simpler.

Remember the French don't bother when they come here!

Happy Masking

"I keep breaking it"

deflectors,

Reply to
j_kaye

The continentals dont had sideways dipping lights, theirs dip up and down, so they dont dazzle anyone over here, i had wondered if it was legal to fit some continental up and down dip lights in place of uk ones with left dips permanantly on a uk vehicle, it's prolly not allowed, tho why we have to illuminate the tree's and ditches as we drive along i don't know, the europeeps manage fine with out doing so,

Reply to
CampinGazz

On or around Mon, 1 Sep 2003 16:41:14 +0000 (UTC), "CampinGazz" enlightened us thusly:

I thought theirs dipped sideways the other way...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've got these on my Unimog ...

... and it has passed its HGV test for the past 4(?) years without comments.

Reply to
QrizB