2003 Vogue Td6 - Air Susp Probs?

Hiya, I know it will be covered under warranty, BUT, has anyone come across a problem on a 2003 RaRo Td6 Vogue. I went out yesterday, and after a few hundred yards , the warning message came on for 'Air Suspension Inactive' and 'Self Level Suspension' inactive. 35MPH max. Is this a *major* problem, or is there a simple reset function. I will be sending it to main dealers :-( tomorrow, but just wondered if anyone had heard of this before - I KNOW dealer will say first time we have had this problem, so want to be armed!

Thanks Dave

Reply to
Foxhunter

AFAIK it's the default "oh dear air susp not working" mode so it could be anything - pump, hoses, ecu, etc.

Your dealer will in fact probably say "Don't worry, they all do that!"

David.

Reply to
David French

Inactive'

Airbag puncture? Do they puncture or burst like truck ones. I have been standing near 8 wheelers twice when the bag burst and it was hellish frightening. The noise is subjectively twice or more as loud a shotgun. I don't suppose the RR goes off with that kind of bang very often but a burr in the bag seat could cause a leak I suppose. Apart from that, it may be faulty electrics or air lines or valves. It would be good to know whether there is a computerised fault diagnostic system for the suspension, and whether this isolated the fault, or whether the mechanic has to work through the whole system methodically to isolate the fault.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

It has pumped suspension up to *FULL* off road height. The control light on centre console has gone out and warning display on dash is 'warning' me! Oh, well this is to be expected of £57k worth of car, it was built by Landrover after all...................... ;-) BUT, I would not be without it, or my Defender of the Freebie.... Somehow, once you have owned a Landrover product, you never want to let go......................

Dave

Reply to
Foxhunter

If it's the same as the P38, I think this means the control unit is getting false readings from one or more of the sensors. Therefore it thinks it's grounded, and pumps itself up in the air to try to free itself. I'm not an expert, though, and may have got this wrong.

David.

Reply to
David French

Looks like a trip to Duckworth's tomorrow then, see if they can *understand* how to use the diagnostic system.................................. looks like it could be a LONG day out!!!

Dave

Reply to
Foxhunter

'warning' me!

Landrover

Yep. A possible axle potentiometer or wiring problem.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

*understand*

Dave,

As somebody else suggested, it's probably one of the height sensors on one corner giving an odd or out of range reading and the default is to jack up to high and issue the 35 m.p.h. warning. This is similar to the P38a version, whereas the Classic would drop to the bump stops which means driving even slower! The dealer will be able to read the fault log from the Air Suspension Control Unit and tell what has caused the fault, but finding why, as you suspect, may take a long time.

Simon U

Reply to
SimonU

Main dealer, 'Duckworth's' TOO busy (all these faulty Landrovers's they sell!) Landrover assist on the way. Will advise what is/was wrong if and when sorted!!

Reply to
Foxhunter

And every bit as deadly as a shotgun - a friend was killed when one exploded and hit him on the head....

Air suspension is dangerous, be wary when working round it :(

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

Landrover assist have not managed to cure problem. it has been trailered in to dealer for rectification. Might see it again in the New Year!

Reply to
Foxhunter

Hmm. still waiting for trained monkeys to work out what is wrong? I had better not hold my breath........

Dave Knackered RaRo Td6 Vogue - 2003

Reply to
Foxhunter

Dave It could be anything from a dud compressor, faulty sensor, shit in the block, loam unplugged, a faulty bag or a number of other things. Once they lock up they have to be reset by computer. When they first brought out the HSE they had to upgrade the block due to problems, please let us all know what was wrong so we are warned. Cheers Bish

Reply to
Bigpond

IT LIVES - had to have a new air suspension ECU (or so they say) but seems OK now. We will see ;-)

Dave Not so Knackered Td6 Vogue

*understand*
Reply to
Foxhunter

My P38 is being checked out tomorrow, so I should know more then. I wonder if they would be so kind as to swap the whole vehicle for an L322?

David French

What's that then?

Perhaps you mean L320?

:-)

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Tim> What's that then?

Tim> Perhaps you mean L320?

Tim> :-)

L322 is the code name for the Mark III rangie. And if David can wangle one for his P38A, can he get a second one for me.

AndyC

--

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Andy Cunningham aka AndyC the WB | andy -at- cunningham.me.uk | +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |
- Everything you wanted to know || about the P38A Range Rover but were afraid to ask. |+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+"And everything we want to get/We download from the InternetAll we hear is/Internet Ga-Ga/Cyberspace Goo-goo" -- from "Radio Ga Ga"/"We will rock you"

Speaking of which, I presume people have seen the sneak peek photos of the L320:

Looks a little familiar, doesn't it?

PS: Can't wait to get mine back - our drive will be a LR free zone beginning tomorrow morning :(

Reply to
David French

Hmmm. It now works OK, but not sure the dealer needed to do 60.3 miles on a road test in it???? Complaining phone call on Monday morning. they have already had a B******ing for the loan car. Left on my drive, with NO fuel. My wife, who is 8 1/2 months pregnant got in it, and *TRIED* to get the loan car to a filling station and promptly ran out of fuel 2 miles from home - in the middle of rural Lincolnshire. So had to wait for me to bring her some fuel. Very P***ed of with the dealer at moment. :-(

Dave RaRo Td6 Vogue - 2003 Freebie Td4 ES Premium - 2003 D90 - Td5 - 1999

Reply to
Foxhunter

Humph. It has *already* gone wrong AGAIN. got i oit the garage today and drove into town, suspension started raising itself. Got to local supermarket and SWMBO needed a bloody ladder to get out (mind, she is 8 1/2 months pregnant). Dealer Response: Oh dear, we thought we had fixed that, can you bring it back. Oh, we are booked right up for a week, you better call LRA and get them to look and arrange a loan car for you.................. At which point my language and attitude got rather heated........................... After prising SWMBO back in via a firemans lift ;-) called in at a BMW (sorry) dealer on way home and am now looking at an X5. I have had this RaRo for 213 days today, and at last count it had spent 61 of them at dealers waiting bits or them not knowing what is wrong with it. Totally P***ed off with it at present, as you may have gathered. About to phone Landrover UK and give them a roasting.

Dave '03 RaRo Td6 Vogue - or should this read X5 ? watch this space ;-( '03 Freebie Td4 Es Premium '99 Defender Td5

Reply to
Foxhunter