2005 land rover immobiliser problems

My dad has a 2005 (52 reg) 110 crew cab pickup, when using the remote key fob it will unlock the doors but as soon as the door is opened an alarm goes off. This is a different alarm to the car alarm, as it makes a different noise but is just as loud. I assume that the immobiliser has its own alarm. The question is what can be done to stop this, can the immobiliser be reset or is it likely that there is a fault with the immobiliser that only land rover can sort. Thanks wayne

Reply to
waynesmith78