2007 RaRo Sport NAVIGATION map for Greece anyone? (pantelis)

People Hi,

a good friend has bought a 2007 MY Range Rover Sport with the satnav kit. The car came from Germany and the satnav CD (or DVD) does not include Greece.

Is there any way we can use a map for Greece in order to make it work in our country?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

"Pantelis Giamarellos" wrote

It should be a DVD system and they usually have all of Europe on them including Greece. If not then work your way through this site...

new DVD costs about ?200.Just got a new one for our BMW at a special offer price but not much cheaper.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Bob thanks,

My friend is actually searching for an "alternative" source.

Thanks for suggesting the site though, I will pass the details to him.

Take care and thanks again for your kind input. Pantelis

A new DVD costs about ?200.> Just got a new one for our BMW at a special offer price but not much> cheaper.

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Bob Hi again,

unfortunately Greece is NOT listed in the countries with available maps.

The NAVTEC site indicates Greece but when you search the corresponding pages on their sites Greece is NOT supported by the available software.....

Same applies for the official Land Rover "map buying" pages on their site.

Take care Pantelis

A new DVD costs about ?200.> Just got a new one for our BMW at a special offer price but not much> cheaper.

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

If Navteq don't offer coverage then you're out of luck, there is no alternative source.

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

I took a look and ...

This European map includes the following countries: Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, France, Germany, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Spain, Portugal.

They must be working on mapping Greece, give them an email and ask. I would also ask at your local Land Rover Dealer in Greece who may know something.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Fellow listers Hi,

first of all a big thanks to all of you who provided your kind input and suggestions.

Yesterday I spoke with the technical manager at the main offices of LR in Greece and the sales manager in the official dealership. Their input was that the software is ready by NAVTEQ and will be tested for its efficiency on actual use on company cars during the next month. If the results are satisfactory it will be introduced as a factory spare part for vehicles that have already been sold and it will provided free of charge to the new vehicles.

I will keep you posted about it.