200Tdi Cold Start Lamp ???

Hi all,

My 200Tdi has never had a cold start light that works, although the heater relay can be heard clicking in and out, so starting is no problem.

However, I would like to have the choke light come on when the heaters are working and go off when the cut out.

Last night I looked to the choke light on the dash and there is only 1 white wire (+12V) to the bulb and not earth return.

Also, there are 2 yellow & black wires crimped together into one of the unused connectors that plugs onto the dash light board.

Haynes manual suggests that there should be 2 yellow & black wires to the "cold start" / choke light, 1 in to the bulb, 1 out, returning to earth.

Is this the normal configuration for a 200Tdi, or should the light work. If the light should work could someone please asdvise how there yellow & black wires are arranged where they plug onto the dash light board.

Thanks Jon

Reply to
Jon

The light should work, but I haven't had the console apart so I can't help with the wire colours.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff, Many thanks. At least I know now it should have a light.

Any other kind sole willing to detail their dash light connectors, specifically the cold start light??

Thanks J>> Is this the normal configuration for a 200Tdi, or should the light

Reply to
Jon