200tdi Defender - Starter Motor Question??

Hi all,

Since replacing my under old powered lead acid battery with an Odyssey PC1700 my start motor has developed an intermittent fault...

When turning the ignition key "SOMETIMES" the starter motor starts spinning but does not engage the (forgive the terminology) sprocket to mate with the starter ring, other times all behaves normally.

So... Is this a result of pumping more / too many CCA's to the starter motor, coincidental failure or possibly something else.

I am fairly confident that there are no faulty connections as all battery leads/ wires are securely fastened to the battery terminals.

If my startet motor is on its way out are they repairable?

Thanks for any pointers Jon

Reply to
Jon

probable coincidence, can be stripped down and bit replaced, or maybe find a recon-exchange.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

Yes you can take it off and down to your local reconditioners and get them to rebuild it for you.

Reply to
Marc Draper