200TDi hot starting/restarting problems

As in it won't start hot, let everything cool down and it starts fine.

The problem is not a sticking solenoid as the plunger has been removed to check whether that was the cause.

Any ideas?

Niamh.

Reply to
Niamh Holding

One of the LR magazines had an article recently about a similar problem on a

300Tdi engined Discovery.

According to the magazine the solution proposed by Jeremy Fearns (the intercooler and diesel tweaker) was to adjust the fuel pumps timing a bit.

This was done by removing the fuel pump's timing cover (the round thing held in place by three 10mm bolts in the front driver's side (UK) cover at the front of the engine. If your car is fitted with A/C the belt tensioner for the compressor's belt is been located there.

Remove the cover or timing belt tensioner mounting bracket and turn the bolt that you will find inside by 5mm (or less) clockwise

This is what the article described and I can not guarantee that your engine will not explode.

hope this helps

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Well double checking the pump timing was the next job, I'm sure it right, but it's easy to check.

Niamh.

Reply to
Niamh Holding