200tdi in to a stage 1

At last I have one a 200tdi + box ( out of a disco ) and bits and will be putting it in the stage 1 in a few weeks time , while I have it out I have change the timing belt etc and the water pump any thing else I should do ?

And as always with things like this I have a bit that im not sure where it goes , it's a metal pipe silver in colour with a bend in it its about 40mm in dia any ideas ?

Also any one ever done a repair to a radiator ? I have patched a broken hole with a copper plate and soldered it in to position put an old inner tube over the inlet and out let and pressurised it up to about 15 psi any one know what the max pressure shoud be on a 200tdi rad ?

-- its not finished till the wife says its crap

Reply to
o0hex0o

noooooooooooooo

Forget patching the radiator, if it overheats, nicely cooking head gasket. If one bit has gone then the rest is suspect. Bung a new radiator in or get it recored. I found that recoring was £125 and a new radiator was £135 (thats UK pounds). I went for the new radiator.

As for the metal pipe - mmm someone will be along in a minute who knows, I am sure.

Andy

Disco 300TDI - looking gorgeous nwo been waxed with Canubera wax (it aint spelt like that).

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

I've seen patches last for many a good year... I'd just be weary of taking it along any mountain tracks. If it's just for local running then I'd risk it.

15 Psi sounds about right to me... at least it does on the 101v8 and at the end of the day I'd expect cooling systems to be pretty similar in nature even between v8 and diesel. You have the satisfaction of knowing they also run cooler than Petrol lumps too.

Not a clue as to the pipe.. is it a air con off cast perhaphs?

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

" it's a metal pipe silver in colour with a bend in it its about 40mm in dia any ideas ? "

intercooler hose?

Reply to
Dave R

Carnauba ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

thougth about that but i still have 2 pipes on the engine , one from the turbo and on to the top of the engine this pipe is quite a bit smaller

the rad was damaged removeing it , the rest is ok as its new so i want to try to getaway with paching it for now untill i can afford a new one the other option is to remove the oil cooler and position that with my old rad on the v8 but that will give me another problem siteing the intercooler !

thanks paul

Reply to
o0hex0o

|| Andrew Renshaw wrote: || ||| Disco 300TDI - looking gorgeous nwo been waxed with Canubera wax ||| (it aint spelt like that). || Carnauba ? || || Steve

Or Carnuba. Both spellings common.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Thu, 11 May 2006 13:48:44 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

They do that.

The tranny hasn't got a cooling fan. It's mildly amusing to note that I, notwithstanding years of experience with motors, failed to notice this when buying it. The reason for this became apparent when I looked into fitting a fan, and found that some clown has broken the thread off the boss - it's also a cackhanded one that runs counter to engine direction. So I reckon it'll get an electric one.

without the fan, though, it only gets above half-gauge at the top of a long, slow climb on hot days, the rest of the time you wouldn't notice.

anyone got opinions on Kenlowe vs. Pacet?

Reply to
Austin Shackles