235/85's on a Disco II ... probably asked a thousand times!

I've got the opportunity to have some 235/85's at a very decent price for my Disco II but I'm pretty sure they won't fit without some sort of lift/surgery. I don't want to do that but I also don't want to fit them to the rims on a "try it and see" basis and then have to take them off the rims again. The question then is: will they fit without some form of adjustment to the vehicle?

Plan-B is that they go on to the Series III on disco steel rims. Plan-C is .... errr....there isn't a Plan-C at the moment.

TIA, Steve

Reply to
Steve

I have 235/85 on my d2. They fit at the back, but on full lock mine chewed the front inner arch protectors plastic lining thingies

Reply to
madhatchetman

that tends to agree with a statement in the LR comic that very few folk bother with the steering lock stops on the the front hubs I remember looking at mine and thinking buggerit. Derek

Reply to
Derek

The turning circle on mine already qualifies for the addition of the word "County" on the Series II logo, so if I wind out the stops to prevent plastic thingie rub I'm going to have trouble negotiating roundabouts!! Looks like it's Plan-B or C. Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve

You could simply remove the plastic arch liners from under the arch. also mine are aggressive mud terrains, and it only just caught the left side one by 1 or 2 mm

Reply to
madhatchetman