2a 109 van to station wagon conversion

How do I do this? It strikes me that I need...

some side windows some rear seats a new back body with 2nd-row doors a new back door (?)

How tricky is this to do in practice? The doors strike me as the complication - what do they hang from and are there any hidden problems with changing the back body?

I guess it would be possible to retain it as a two-door, but that makes it a lot less useable for what I have in mind.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

H'mm there are easier ways to do this like getting a station wagon but I won't ask and as they say people in glass houses ect ect....

Right from memory you will need the lower door bottom frames which are nearly £100 each from paddocks... you will of course need the B door pillar... side rear doors....seat box and rear tub... rear windows should be same at 88 side pannels and you may need to butcher / refabricate a number of outriggers...but appart from that it would be a doddle.

;-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Otherwise you will need a pair of doors, the b-pillar/sill assembly, rear tub, toe panel, and floor panel, not including seats. The chassis is different, so you may need to fit/remove outriggers somewhere.

It would be simpler to buy a station wagon as a wrecker and fit the back bodywork, you'd have everything you need, and a reference chassis for the modifications.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I should have a fair amount of station wagon to get rid of soon. Its sitting in a garage waiting for me to shift it, but so far the person with the trailer has failed to show twice. grr. :(

Pretty much all the standard bits (the front end, engine, g/box and axles are spoken for), but the station wagon body/doors, and the chassis need to be disposed of. The chassis is apparently broken in 2 and very knackered, but might do to give you an idea of the mods you require. You might even be able to steal any useful outriggers off it? (are there any more than a normal 109?)

I have no idea what condition its in as i havent seen it yet, but if youre interested, then i can let you know as soon as i get to it..

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:15:56 +0000, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

that's about it. expensive if you do it with new parts. If you can get the parts off a scrapper, not so bad. Watch out for corrosion in the C posts (rear of rear side doors) which are a steel section - must get around to mending mine on the 110...

Reply to
Austin Shackles