2A wheel stud thread size

Hi everyone Does anyone know what Thread will be on my 1963-2A wheel studs. Also does anyone know if it is possible to get locking wheel nuts the same size. My thinking is that if i can't get any, i might be able to tap out some that have a slightly smaller thread

Thanks

1963 2A petrol 1991 Toy Landcruiser
Reply to
Splitpin

I've never tried to tap a wheelnut, but I'd have thought the steel hardness would be pretty close to that of any tap you could buy.

Reply to
noonehome

I also thought it was important to get the right collar profile, not sure what the proper name for it is, but basically the countersink in the hole needs to match the sides of the nut otherwise you can get too much pressure in some places, not enough in others (sorry, memory failing).

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Nothing fancy about wheel nut metal usually. Land Rover ones are just good quality high tensile stuff. They're not hardened.

Reply to
Dougal

9/16" - 16 BSF

Someone will make them for a price - but are things that bad? I'd be tempted to suggest that you'd be wasting your money. Or are you wanting to secure a spare wheel?

The basic problem is that smaller threaded nuts will have less meat on them so your new nuts could have very thin walls. Probably a bad idea!

Reply to
Dougal

Get it well insured and just chill out. Life is too short dude! If you weld them to the axles they will just nick the car.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Thanks for the size I have found a place that lists locking wheel nuts to suit

but i can't find theprice so i have emailed them.

Reply to
Splitpin