300 tdi dies

hello all

I think this has been covered before... but can anybody give me some guidance please

My 90 300 tdi very intermittently (about once a week) will just die on me for about 10 minutes, the gauges all work, engine turns over, 10 mins later all fine,

there seems no rhyme nor reason for this

It has a new HD battery, the alarm/immobiliser seems to be ok (no leds on at strange times)

I am not sure where to start.

TIA Eddie

Reply to
Eddie Morgan

Check the connections to the fuel stop solenoid on the injector pump, if that's ok then have a look at the ignition switch.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Stop solenoid on injection pump ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

I'd have thought that if the ignition is on, pulling the lead off and putting it back on should results in a click from it, or is it not that audible? Never tried it myself. Just trying to figure out how he can best check it.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I would concur with the above suggestion.

I have had the embarrasment of stopping in a lot of traffic and not being too much of a diesel guru, sat like a pillock. My mechanic friend who had just overhauled the enigne, squezeed up the spade connector, refitted and no problems since.

Regards Stephen

Reply to
fanie

On or around Fri, 07 Jul 2006 08:32:43 +0200, fanie enlightened us thusly:

If it's got an immobiliser it could be related to that, as well.

How about a temporary indicator light wired in parallel with the stop solenoid? That'd show that it was live, or more especially, if it's not live when the engine stops.

that's if checking the connections doesn't reveal anything. ISTR one of the

101s at the shakespeare unofficial having a simialr intermittent failure caused by a loose terminal on the gas system.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

thanks chaps I will chk the connection

Reply to