300tdi Biodiesel

Someone just opened a place selling the above at 85p per litre, does the

300tdi need any mods?

Sounds a decent deal?

Any comments?

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Over the last 7 years we have been runing 100% biodiesel in various cars from Citroens thru mercs to latterly HDI engines infact My Freelander is running on it as we speak, None of the cars have had any modifications, The only thing I would advise is to run it for a short while and then change the Fuel Filter, as BioD makes a fantastic cleaner and will remove all the accumulated crap in the tank and dump it in the filter! So carry a spare fuel filter Oh and if the temperature goes below freezing they can be a bit slow to start! at that point it is best to use a blend may be 50/50 ordinary disel is completely miscable with BioD , I have run 100% down to -6 and at that temp the car started to misfire, though it kept going.

Des

Reply to
Dieseldes

On or around Thu, 4 Oct 2007 14:16:50 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

it won't last...

and do they actually have any? I got onto one of the local suppliers around here about it, they don't make enough and thus had none on offer.

but if it's properly made, and not just filtered used chip fat, it should run fine on it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've ran mine on various mixes of Bio for over a year. Unfortunately the main supplier closed down earlier in the year, Greengold Biodiesel Manchester. There is another regular garage that sells 60/40 bio/diesel mix for 88.9p in Openshaw, Manchester. Most of the times I go there they have had some, apart from last week :-( Where is your new supplier Nige ?

Reply to
Chappers

Keighley, West Yorkshire

Reply to
Nige

Sounds handy for when we go up to Wing Yip whereabouts mate ? mind you while its still warm I'll use Lidl's at 52p for SVO

Derek

Reply to
Derek

It's on Ashton Old Road on the border of Openshaw & Audenshaw. And a tip if you do go, Don't use plastic (if you know what I mean .)

not tried Lidl yet, tried Morrisons, Tesco & Costco though

Reply to
Chappers

nudge nudge roger roger message understood cash it is , I think I know the one you mean in which case its one I use with the ReD agency card for the big truck. I'll have a look next time I need to fuel up- I never check price with agency its usually a case of fuel or walk so its there or t'one by the new Lidl Derek

Reply to
Derek