300tdi intermittent 'Engine Fault' warning light

Hi there.

'96 Discovery 300 tdi auto, 123300 miles. Was driving to work this morning when engine started to drop revs. Town driving at the time - revs going between 1200 -1800 rpm driving along road with speed bumps. Engine started to drop revs every 15 secs or so. Started paying attention and saw white engine warning light flicker on, while revs dropped. This continued while driving at low speed. Problem resolved itself after cleared speed bumps. Anyone got any ideas what was going on. Is there anything 'imminent' that I should watch out for? Suggestions welcome. Thanks Davy M.

Reply to
DavyMurray

I've got the same model and year, I had similar issue a while back, turned out to be the connector to the engine speed sensor, the connector is (on mine) located somewhere above / behind the vacuum pump, a quick clean and squirt with WD** fixed it. May not be your problem, but worth a look. Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

Thanks Andrew. I've not had the problem today, but I'll check out your suggestion tomorrow.

Have a good New Year. Davy M.

Reply to
DavyMurray