4 bike rack for Disco

Does anyone recognise this bike rack and can tell me the maker?

I bought it years ago for my Disco TDi300 and I have a horrid feeling the bit that stays on the vehicle went with the disco when I sold it. I now want to fit it on my TD5 disco so need a new 'fixed bit'. I think it is a relatively simple plate that goes behind the towing bracket, with a square peg sticking out for the bit in the photos to slip on and be locked, but the square peg had a funny crank in it so that the tow ball or eye can still be used. I'd make one up but all my welding and cutting kit is packed ready for a house move.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

If you do need something made, may I suggest Seal Engineering near Sevenoaks. IIRC you are in Bromley?

Let me know if you want further details

Richard

Reply to
Richard

feeling

Richard, if I cannot track the manufacturer down it'll have to wait until I've moved and unpacked my workshop, I've got all the gear to do the job, but everything is palletised at the moment - 26 tons and about 50 pallets plus 'capital machines' too big for pallets - a man and a hi-ab for 5 days to shift it all !

AWEM AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Maybe I should be approaching you to make the 'odd bit ' in future rather than Seal. Just what is it you do, may one ask????? Richard ;-)

Reply to
Richard

Just a hobby ! OK slightly over the top, but now I'm of an age when I do things I enjoy doing rather than that others make me do

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Something I aspire to!