50 year old landy

sorry if this against the rules of the group but i had to post it

went strawberry picking on sunday parked up and this old landrover parked next to me had a good chat with the owner apparently it is ex mil and spent most of its life in aiden it had just had a new bulkhead for the mot (wow you can get bits for 50yo models)

couldn't believe how small it was compared to my disco

Andy

Reply to
mike hunt

and here is the pic

Reply to
mike hunt

Reply to
mike hunt

hmm my news reader doesn't do pics sorry

Reply to
mike hunt

it may, it may not

this group doesn't do pics - text only

of more note is where did you find a PYO that is still operating rather than whinging on radio about all the chavs turning up and stuffing their faces before wandering off with empty baskets

and yes - spares for old vehicles are fairly easy to find - just don't count the rivets.

Reply to
William Tasso

50? A mere youth! Mine are 56 and 53 years old, and don't count the rivets, half of them are missing!

Gordon

Reply to
gordon

Any pics?

Reply to
Nige

Mine are 40 y.o. 2B 110", 45 y.o. ser 2 109", 54 y.o. ser1 86" and 14 y.o. RRC.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

you could host it on photobucket or similar and post the link

Reply to
madhatchetman

Yes, try

Assorted photos of both at work and play.

Gordon

Reply to
gordon

Hi Group

If that Landrover had spent most of its life in Aden it would only be fit for scrap. In photo I would like to know what the number is on the vent. It looks like an FVRDE fleet No. Ex REME mechanic 2years in Aden Robbie

Reply to
Roberts